Saturday, March 12, 2016

Food - Recipe - Mini Luscious Lemon Cakes

Hi guys, wow I seem really bad at updating this blog, my PC broke last week, so I lost half of my saved recipes for this blog, hopefully I will get back when I get my back-up drive back anyway this was supposed to be for Mother's Day, as a treat for my mum, as it was her mum's recipe who passed away in 2012, and who was famous for this cake. I'm using my mini loaf tin, it does well as well in a 2 lb loaf tin as well. I'm also using for the first time for this my brand new electric hand held whisk instead of spending hours doing it by hand!

Mini Luscious Lemon Cakes

Prep Time: 15 Minutes 
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes 
 Total - 45 Minutes
Makes 12- Mini Loafs cakes or 1 2lb Loafs

Ingredients 

• 100g Soft Margarine 
• 175g Self-Raising Flour 
• 175g Caster Sugar 
• 4 tbsp Semi-Skimmed Milk 
• Finely grated zest of 1 Lemon 
• 2 Large Eggs 

 Topping 

• 3 tbsp. Icing Sugar 
• Juice of 1 Lemon

Equipment 

• 1 Mini Loaf Tin with 12 holes
• 1 Mixing Bowl 
• 1 Electric Wisk
• 1 Spatula 
• 1 Small Saucepan 
• 1 Cake Tester 
• 1 Small Metal Spoon 

Method 

1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C Fan) / 350 F / Gas Mark 4 
2. Lightly grease and line a Mini Loaf Tin
3. Mix together all the cake ingredients in a bowl. 
4. Place the cake batter into the greased tin and bake for about 35 minutes. 
5. For the topping, put both the lemon juice and icing sugar in a pan; bring to a sufficient heat to melt the sugar. 
6. When the cakes is done,  leave them in the tin till cool to the touch then remove and place on a wire rack with a tray underneath, pour hot lemon mixture over the cakes and leave to cool.
7. Once the Icing has set, enjoy with a cup of tea

I'm Sharing This With:

   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nic's Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig